- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 large onion, diced (include skin)
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup skim milk
Ready In 45 Minutes
- Cook brussels sprouts according to package directions but without salt.Meanwhile, in small saucepan over low heat, or in double boiler, melt butter.
- Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, 3 minutes or until soft.
Length: 3 minutes
- Add flour and cook, stirring frequently, about 1 minute. Gradually add milk, wine and pepper; cook until thickened and smooth.
Length: 1 minutes
- Remove from heat; stir in cheese until melted. If sauce becomes too thick, add additional 1-2 tablespoons skim milk.
- Drain brussels sprouts; pour sauce over sprouts. Makes 4 servings. Fat 4 grams. Cholesterol 2 milligrams.