- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 large onion roughly chopped
- 2 leeks (white parts) roughly chopped
- 1 large potato peeled and diced
- 1 medium butternut squash peeled and diced
- 3 cups of chicken stock
- whipping cream
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- toasted pine nuts or roasted squash or pumpkin seeds (or
Ready In 45 Minutes
- Melt your butter in a large saucepan and add your onion and leeks and cook until softened.
- Add potato and squash and stir in chicken stock, nutmeg, cayenne, season with salt and pepper.
- Bring mixture to a boil and then reduce heat and simmer covered until everything is softened (about 20-30 minutes).
Length: 30 minutes
- Use a hand blender/food processor to smooth out the soup. Stir in enough whipping cream til it reaches your preferred consistency. Re-season if necessary.
- Add in a few basil leaves. (The basil really lifts the flavor of the soup and gives it a hint of real garden freshness.)
- Serve with pine nuts/squash seeds as a garnish.