- 1 15-ounce can black beans, not drained
- 1 10-ounce can Rotel tomatoes with diced green chilies, not drained
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- optional: 4-5 dashes of hot sauce
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice
- 3 Tbsp water
Ready In 35 Minutes
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add onions and saute until soft, or for about 5 minutes.
Length: 5 minutes
- Add all other remaining ingredients and stir together. Increase the heat to medium high and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium low so that the mixture simmers. Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until rice is fluffy and liquid is absorbed.*
Length: 20 minutes
- Serve with salsa, cheese, and sour cream.