- 2.0 lbs of potatoes (recommend baby red potatoes or fingerling potatoes – if using whole red, roughly 4-6 fist sized potatoes – you don't have to be exact here)
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ Cup sour cream
- 1 heaping Tbs whole grain mustard (important to use the really good kind)
- 1 large clove garlic, minced as small as you can mince it
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 ribs celery – cut into very small pieces – about the size of a BB
- 4 Tbs fresh dill – chopped – leaves only.
- 4 tsp green onion
- 1 small shallot – chopped small
- 2 Tbs black truffle oil (optional – but does add a nice earthy flavor)
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Chives – for garnish
Ready In 45 Minutes
- Wash the potatoes, put on a large pot of cold water to boil. Salt the water with 1 tsp of salt. Using a fork, pierce the potatoes after boiling for 5 minutes when fork tender, remove from the stove top, pour out into a colander and rinse well with cold water to stop the cooking process. Allow to cool completely before making into potato salad (otherwise the sauce doesnt turn out right).
Length: 5 minutes
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients except the chives.
- Mix well and then toss with the cooled potatoes.
- Mix gently so as not to break the potatoes apart. Taste to make sure the salt and pepper is the right balance.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste.