- 4 inches Almonds, sliced half
- 1 tablespoon Bleu cheese
- 8 inches Cherries, pitted and sliced half
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 2 cups Red Wine
- 4 tablespoons sugar, or more to taste
Ready In 45 Minutes
- Bring the wine, cinnamon, lemon zest, and sugar to a boil. Lower to medium heat and reduce the mixture by half.
- Add the cherries and poach them gently for one minute.
Length: 1 minutes
- Remove from the heat and allow the cherries to macerate for half an hour.
- Remove from the poaching wine and allow cherries to cool. Use an ice bath if you are in a hurry.Meanwhile, roll 8 pieces of bleu cheese into the size of cherry pits. Refrigerate until the cherries cool.When ready to serve, place a piece of bleu cheese between two cherry halves and press lightly.
- Place on a serving spoon.Slice a piece of honeycomb (1 cm cube) and place beside the stuffed cherry. Lastly, top with an almond half.