- 1 1/2 cups Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced or crushed
- juice from 1 lemon (3 tablespoons)
- 5 stalks of green kale, trimmed and chopped
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 medium parsnip, chopped
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 1/4 cups cooked quinoa (3/4 cup dried)
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
Ready In 45 Minutes
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat an oven to 35
- Toss the parsnip, carrots and Brussels sprouts with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and spread evenly on the pan. Roast for 30 minutes or until tender, stirring the vegetables half way through the cooking time.Meanwhile, toast the cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds in a dry unoiled skillet over medium-low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, tossing frequently, until the cashews and sesame seeds are lighly browned.Toss the kale with the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large salad bowl. Fluff the quinoa and add to the bowl along with the roasted vegetables and cherry tomatoes.
Length: 40 minutes
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
- Sprinkle each serving with a scattering of toasted cashews and seeds.