- 6 smalls cucumbers
- 1 small white onion
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 2 cups water*
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Ready In 45 Minutes
- Thinly slice the cucumbers into rounds and place in a 7 or 8 cup container.
- Cut the onion into quarter round slices, keeping the pieces about 1/4" thick.
- Pour vinegar over cucumbers.
- Add as much water as you need to submerge the cucumbers.
- Add sugar, salt and pepper, stirring to combine.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat, preferrably overnight. This gives the cucumbers a chance to marinate and the flavors to blend.
- The vinegar/water ratio is based on our love for vinegar. It was strong, so if you're not a huge fan of vinegar, use less and add more water. You can also add more sugar to take away some of the sting.