- 1 Red bell pepper, roasted
- 1 ripe tomato
- Red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- Olive oil
- Coarse Salt
- Cracked black pepper
- Fresh thyme
Ready In 45 Minutes
- Char the red bell pepper over a grill or gas flame, or on a cookie sheet under the broiler. Turn the peppers as their skin blisters and chars on all sides.
- Transfer to a bowl and cover.
- When peppers are cool to the touch, peel off the skin with your fingers, pull off stems, then tear them open and remove and discard seeds.
- Arrange 1 thickly sliced ripe tomato and the large bell peppers pieces.
- Scatter with thinly sliced red onion and capers.
- Drizzle with olive oil, season to taste with coarse salt and cracked black pepper and garnish with thyme.