- 1 pound well-trimmed beef top sirloin 3 cups sliced napa cabbage
- 1/2 cup thin diagonally sliced carrots
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1/2 cup thin sliced cucumber
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 green onion, sliced diagonally (not to be cooked)
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Oriental dark roasted sesame oil
- 24 pea pods, blanched
- 1/2 cup thin sliced radishes
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, cut ¼ inch
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
Ready In 45 Minutes
- Prepare Sesame Marinade and Dressing.
- Place beef top sirloin steak in plastic bag; add reserved marinade, turning to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 2 hours, turning once.
Length: 120 minutes
- Remove from marinade; place on rack in broiler pan so surface of meat is 3 to 4 inches from heat. Broil 14 to 16 minutes to doneness desired (rare to medium-rare), turning once.
Length: 14 minutes
- Let stand 5 minutes. Carve steak into thin slices.Meanwhile, combine napa cabbage, romaine, carrots and radishes; place an equal amount of each on 4 individual plates. Arrange an equal number of cucumber slices in circle at top of salad greens on each plate. Mound 1/4 cup rice on each cucumber circle. Fan pea pods around both sides of rice. Arrange steak slices as spokes on salad greens, radiating down from rice.
Length: 5 minutes
- Serve dressing with salad. Makes 4 servings.
- Combine dry sherry, soy sauce, vinegar, hoisin sauce and ginger; mix well. Divide mixture in half; reserve half for steak marinade. To prepare dressing, combine remaining mixture with water, green onion, sugar and oil; mix well.