- 4 tablespoons (60 g) of butter
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) minced garlic
- 2 medium onions, minced
- 2 pounds (900 g) fresh fennel bulbs (stems and leaves should be trimmed off and the rest can be chopped)
- 5 cups (1250 ml) chicken or veg broth
- 1 tablespoon of minced orange zest
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) greek or plain flavored yogurt
- salt and white pepper to taste
Ready In 45 Minutes
- Saute the butter, onions and garlic in a large pot over low heat for 10 minutes.
Length: 10 minutes
- Add the fennel and cook for a half hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add the orange zest and the stock and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and cook covered, for another half hour, or until all veggies are soft.
- Puree with a blender and refridgerate.
- Stir in yogurt once the soup is chilled.