- 1 pound sweet potatoes
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 small onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet basil
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
Ready In 45 Minutes
- In a large soup pot add the olive and saute the vegetable about 3 minutes.
Length: 3 minutes
- Add the bay leaves, basil and vegetable broth.
- Bring to a boil and then turn down the heat and simmer 25-30 minutes until the vegetables are very soft.
Length: 30 minutes
- Remove the pot from the heat and allow to cool enough to place in a food processor.
- Process until smooth and then reheat.
- Add croutons if desired and some chopped fresh basil.