- 1 tsp. (5ml) of organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 3 carrots
- 1/4 C extra virgin olive oil + 7-8 Tbsp for frying
- 1/2 green cabbage
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6-8 fresh satsuma mandarins
- 1/2 red cabbage
- 3 chicken breasts (bone in, preferably organic) roasted and shredded
- 2 bunches romaine lettuce hearts
- 6 scallions
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- juice of 1 mandarin (cut crosswise then tablespoon into jar over a strainer)
- 3 tablespoons white sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons xylitol (I use Epic Dental brand)
Ready In 45 Minutes
- For the salad:Finely slice the red, and green cabbage.
- Remove ends and finely slice romaine lettuce.Trim ends of scallions (white and green side) and finely slice.Peel and grate carrots, or put into a mini food processor to finely chop.Peel clementines then remove pith from slices.
Add all the ingredients into a large serving bowl.For the dressing
- Add all the ingredients into a glass jar and shake until well blended, or whisk all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Pour dressing over salad, toss to combine well.If making ahead, dress the salad just before serving.