- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 spicy Italian sausages
- 1 onion
- 3 carrots
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- 32 ounces container chicken stock
- 14 ounces can diced tomatoes
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 1 bag fresh spinach
Ready In 45 Minutes
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat and add sausages, without the casings.
- Mix sausage until it is broken up into small pieces and cook until sausages is browned and almost cooked through.
- Add carrots, onions, bay leaf, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper. Cook 5-6 minutes longer, until onions start to soften.
Length: 6 minutes
- Add chicken stock and diced tomatoes. Bring stock up to a simmer. Once the stock is at a simmer, reduce heat to low and simmer with the top on until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes longer.
Length: 10 minutes
- Turn the heat off and add cannellini beans and spinach and stir in until spinach wilts.