- 1/4 cup sliced almonds (lightly toasted if desired)
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (2/3 cup dried rice)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas (1/2 dried chickpeas)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro or parsley, trimmed and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 to 3 green onions, trimmed and chopped, or 2 shallots finely chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- juice from 1/2 lemon (1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice (juice from canned pineapple)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt, or to taste
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, soaked in hot water for 40 minutes, drained and chopped (optional)
- 2 teaspoons tamari (soy) sauce
Ready In 45 Minutes
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the broccoli, stir well, and cover. Cook, stirring often, until the broccoli is tender.
- Add the broccoli to a large bowl, along with the remaining salad ingredients.To make the dressing, whisk together all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to coat evenly. Taste for seasoning and serve.