- Basil infused olive Oil
- 1/4 cup pitted black olives (nicoise)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 bulbs fennel, with cores removed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 oranges
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and soaked in ice water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and freshly ground pepper
Ready In 20 Minutes
- Using a grater or a microplaner, remove the zest from 1 orange. Juice orange so that you get 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed orange juice. Segment the other orange.Slice fennel thinly on a mandolin (lengthwise) so that you get interesting shapes.
- Combine orange juice, segments, lemon juice, salt and olive oil. Toss with shaved fennel.
- Add black olive and parsley.Divide among 4 plates and drizzle with a little Basil oil.