- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups self raising flour
- strawberry jam and cream, for serving
- 50g unsalted butter, softened
Ready In 45 Minutes
- Using fingertips, rub butter into flour until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add milk, stirring with a metal spatula or butter knife until mixture comes away from the sides of the bowl. If mixture is dry, add a little extra milk.Turn mixture onto a lightly floured bench and bring the dough together until a rough ball of dough is formed. Do not over-knead. Pat dough to 2 cm thickness. With a clean knife, quarter the dough or use a round cutter to cut rounds.Arrange scones onto a baking paper lined tray and bake at 220C for 12-15 minutes until golden and they sound hollow when lightly tapped on the base.
Length: 15 minutes
- Serve scones straight from the oven with jam and cream.