- 5 apples from a local tree if possible
- 1 cup water (more if necessary)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of salt
Ready In 45 Minutes
- Peel and core apples. Thinly slice and rough chop them.
- Add them to a medium-to large pot over medium-high heat on the stove.
- Add water and stir. Once the water starts to simmer, reduce heat to med-low and stir.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and stir. Cook over medium low heat for 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Depending on how you like the consistency of your applesauce, cook another hour for softer sauce.
Length: 120 minutes