- 1 cup of cooked chickpeas/garbanzo beans
- 2 potatoes (cubed)
- 4 cups of water
- 3 cubes of" NOT BEEF or NOT CHICKEN" vegan bouillons.
- 1/2 medium onion (diced)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 6 oz can of diced tomatoes or pureed tomatoes
- 1 cup of veggies (zucchini, carrots, 1 cup of fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of fresh ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 2 tablespoons of curry powder
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala
- Pepper and liquid aminos (for salt) to taste
- 1 tablespoon of oil (preferably grape seed oil or olive oil)
Ready In 45 Minutes
- Saute garlic and onions in the oil.
- After you sweat the onions, add spices (cumin, curry, and garam masala).
- Add water, bouillon cubes, ginger, garbanzo beans/chickpeas, potatoes, and veggies.
- Boil and simmer for about 25 minutes, or until all of the veggies are cooked.
Length: 25 minutes
- Add fresh cilantro and cook for about 10 minutes more.
Length: 10 minutes
- Serve with pita, vegan na'an, basamati rice, brown rice, or quinoa. Note: I didn't have time to make home made vegan na'an, so I just purchased a multi-grain pizza dough from the deli. Directions: 1 small tennis ball sized dough, flatten, cover with flour, and season with olive oil, garlic powder, and a bit of salt.