- 1 1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1/4 cup melted butter, cooled
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk or plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
Ready In 45 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously grease a 9 x 13 inch baking pan or a 12 inch cast iron skillet.
- Sift the dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- In another bowl, combine the wet ingredients and stir until mixed.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Smooth the batter into the baking pan or skillet and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
Length: 25 minutes
- Allow the corn bread to cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Length: 10 minutes