- 3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups fresh or thawed frozen blackberries
- 3/4 cup blackberry or blueberry juice
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces boneless pork loin chops
- 3/4 cup sweet port wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 mediums shallots, minced
- 2 teaspoons water
Ready In 45 Minutes
- Season chops with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chops and cook 2 to 3 minutes a side.
Length: 2 minutes
- Add remaining teaspoon to skillet, add shallots and thyme and saute for about a minute, add port, juice, broth and vinegar. Bring to a boil. Be sure to scrape crisp bits from the bottom of the skillet. Cook, stirring regularly, for about 5 minutes. It should reduce by about 1/
Length: 5 minutes
- Mix cornstarch and water and add to the sauce. Stir and cook until thickened. Reduce heat to low and add blackberries. Simmer until berries are warmed through.Return chops to the skillet and turn to coat.